[whatwg] Allowed characters in attribute names (was: Re: Stepsfor finding one or two numbers in a string)

Křištof Želechovski giecrilj at stegny.2a.pl
Mon Jun 18 01:11:22 PDT 2007

If the IDE can shield the element name, it can shield the attribute name as
well.  Alternatively, it can be automatically before publishing to the Web.
Making everybody else learn Chinese or Arabic is not a good idea right now.
As I already stated, the judgment day may be near, but then we will have to
start translating from html and WWW-or rather accept the translations as
they are proposed by the other party-and not from some exotic attribute
name.
You can tell the day is coming when you see ideograms on your BIOS welcome
screen.  Until that happens, the machines out there are expected to
understand US English only.
Cheers
Chris