[whatwg] Forms: <input type=radio form="x y">

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Thu Jun 21 11:12:34 PDT 2007

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 17:13:40 +0200, Thomas Broyer <t.broyer at gmail.com>
wrote:
> 2007/6/21, Anne van Kesteren:
>> It would be good if radio controls can not be shared accross multiple
>> forms as that makes them a huge mess. Opera's proposal would be that if
>> there's a form attribute specified and it's non-empty the first value
>> determines the form it is associated with. (With all the usual error
>> handling.)
>
> Is this only a problem with sharing individual radio controls? or with
> sharing radio controls *groups* also?
> While I see a problem with the former, I cannot see one for the latter.

The latter is technically hard to determine. Image you have:

   <input type=radio name=foo form="x y">
   <input type=radio name=foo form="x y">
   <input type=radio name=foo form="x y">

and then you suddenly change one of the radio controls their form
attribute or something. That would affect which form they apply to for all
of them. It seems better to not share radio controls accross forms at all.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>