[whatwg] The issue of interoperability of the <video> element

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Sun Jun 24 02:23:38 PDT 2007

On Sunday 24 June 2007 01:07, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> Such a development is a clear sign to change the spec to require
> theora/vorbis support instead of just recommending it. A baseline
> codec has to be a requirement.
>
> Thus, I suggest to change the wording to "User agents must support
> Theora video and Vorbis audio, as well as the Ogg container format".

Or a clear sign that the video tag was doomed to failure anyway. I really
can't imagine Microsoft or even Apple to let a multi-billion industry go, for
the sake of implementing HTML5. Keeping it, or changing to wording will not
change the behavior of Microsoft and Apple, but will only ensure that HTML5
will never become fully supported in the major browsers.

`Allan