[whatwg] Gears design goals

timeless timeless at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 05:05:09 PDT 2007

On 6/26/07, Robert O'Callahan <robert at ocallahan.org> wrote:
> Understood, but this seems to add substantial complexity to the model. Is it
> really a big deal to restrict users to one login available offline? A
> browser can of course support multiple profiles or something similar to
> address that use case without complicating the development model.

not to be annoying, but i only use 3 google accounts for mail (and
yes, I use two of them actively [compose mail] with different
identities, the third is useless offline as it ran out of space).

While I have dozens of browser profiles, there's no way I've ever
managed to be consistent about which ones I used for a specific site.
it just doesn't work.

and browser profiles are a mess. please don't try to explain them to
windows users.