[whatwg] Gears design goals

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Fri Jun 29 18:04:10 PDT 2007

On 6/30/07, Robert O'Callahan <robert at ocallahan.org> wrote:

> If it is, then I would suggest simply allowing consistency to be
> partitioned by directory as well. I'm not sure of the best way for the
> server to configure that, though.

One option would be to use an HTTP header to allow each resource to say what
consistency group it belongs to. Say "X-Consistency-Group:
http://www.google.com/calendar". When the header is omitted the default is
just the scheme + domain.

This would have the nice property that if a browser doesn't implement
support for the header, everything still works, revalidation is just slower.

For resources like attachments where you don't want consistency, you could
just set X-Consistency-Group to the resource's own URI.

Rob
--
"Two men owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred
denarii, and the other fifty. Neither of them had the money to pay him back,