[whatwg] require img dimensions to be correct?

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Sat Mar 3 05:01:49 PST 2007

There's an open issue in Web Apps 1.0 on img dimensions:

The height and width attributes give the preferred rendered dimensions
of the image if the image is to be shown in a visual medium.

Should we require the dimensions to be correct? Should we disallow
percentages?

I'll vote -1 on requiring the dimensions to be correct. Today on the web
many pages and authors rely on being able to rescale an image with width
and height.

I'm +1 on allowing percentages. That seems like a useful feature to me.

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!