[whatwg] article: do we really need this?

Sander Tekelenburg tekelenb at euronet.nl
Wed Mar 7 01:50:03 PST 2007

At 08:22 +0000 UTC, on 2007-03-06, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis wrote:

> Sander Tekelenburg wrote:

[...]

[<http://webrepair.org/02strategy/02certification/01requirements.php#req20>]

> Well, that makes some sense for block elements, but less for inline
> elements.

Agreed.

[...]

> it would be good to think of a how
> to systematize resilient identifiers so that content can be added and
> deleted without a) running out of identifiers or b) fragments being
> misindentified.

Good point. But for an automated web publishing system it shouldn't be that
hard to ensure generating new IDs -- not reusing old ones.
<http://webrepair.org/02strategy/02certification/01requirements.php#req20>
updated to accordingly.

>> Btw, browser authors could contribute to adoption of such a practice by
>> making it easy for users to find such IDs. One implementation might be to,
>> through the contextual menu, place a link with fragment identifier to that
>> specific section on the clipboard.
>
> FWIW, HyperTextuality extension does this

Excelent! :)

--
Sander Tekelenburg