[whatwg] Configure Apache to send the right MIME type for XHTML

Henri Sivonen hsivonen at iki.fi
Wed Mar 7 10:50:29 PST 2007

On Mar 7, 2007, at 20:14, Elliotte Harold wrote:

> Once you achieve well-formedness you can begin looking at the
> document in  a new way. You get access to powerful tools like XPath
> and XSLT that you didn't have before.

I'm running XPath (and, as an implementation detail, XSLT) on text/
html documents parsed without an XML parser.

> And you don't have to wait for an HTML 5 parser to do it either.
> You can do it today with a large tool chain.

TagSoup exists today.

if Content-Type is text/html:
   instantiate TagSoup
else:
   instantiate XML parser

And, best of all, this doesn't require the world to change.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/