[whatwg] W3C restarts HTML effort

timeless timeless at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 18:12:14 PST 2007

> 2. When you get a reply back, you should have a username and password.
> Fill in the W3C Invited Expert Application form.
>
>    http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/ieapp/

I was curious, so, I'm trying to follow this "simple" list of steps.

At this point, it asks:
> Please supply below the name and a URI for your employer (if any). If employed, please
> indicate the intentions of your employer regarding joining W3C as a Member.

>    * My employer intends to join. (Indicate below time frame for joining)
>    * My employer might be persuaded to join. (Give contact information for a decision-maker below.)
>    * My employer does not intend to join. (Indicate below why not.)
>    * I am either self-employed or unemployed.
>    * My employer is a W3C Host (Indicate below the name of the W3C Host).

> Additional information:

And I can't figure out how one would answer it.

I looked through the list, and for simplicity sake, let's assume [0] I
was Hixie and I was working for Opera Software (I know Hixie has since
left Opera, but I'm not Hixie, this is just a convenient hypothetical
based on a historical record).
1. My employer is a Member <http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Member/List>,
which I think is not equivalent to "My employer intends to join"
2. My employer is a Member (see 1)
3. My employer is a Member (see 1)
4. I am employed....
5. AFAICT My employer is not a W3C Host
<http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/organization.html#hosts>
{Currently: ERCIM, Keio University, or MIT} (see 0)

Which of 1..5 should I select (again, assuming 0).

In case people haven't tried, you can't leave the radio options blank
-- you must select one.