[whatwg] Configure Apache to send the right MIME type for XHTML

Keryx Web webmaster at keryx.se
Thu Mar 8 10:47:46 PST 2007

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis skrev:
> When I talked to WebKit developers about this, it seemed they considered
> their support for real XHTML less reliable than their support for HTML
> at that point. So while Safari's Accept header may be suboptimal,
> there's nothing terribly wrong with interpreting it the same as IE and
> serving it HTML instead.

Which means that if I sniff for Safari I will continue to send text/html
even when that browser has solved its problems with application/xhtml+xml

I see this whole discussion as an exact equivalent of "object detection"
vz. "browser sniffing" in JavaScript. I also think it is getting rather
off topic.... You know (X)HTML 5!

Lars Gunther