[whatwg] href attribute

Andrew Fedoniouk news at terrainformatica.com
Sun Mar 11 00:43:57 PST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Glazman" <daniel.glazman at disruptive-innovations.com>
To: "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news at terrainformatica.com>
Cc: "WHATWG" <whatwg at whatwg.org>; "Matthew Raymond"
<mattraymond at earthlink.net>
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2007 9:03 PM
Subject: Re: [whatwg] href attribute

> On 11/03/2007 05:59, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
>
>> In any case not all <a>'s are hyperlinks so for your meaning of semantic
>> they should also not be automatically hyperlinks (or anchors if you
>> wish). I am pretty sure that existence of 'href' attribute is what
>> <c href>?
>
> Let me also play the devil (I love it) : a feature is not trashable
> only because it comes from XHTML 2.0 :-)
> Here, a global href is a really cool idea, we should have done it in
> HTML 4 but we were too blind to see.
>
> </Daniel>

:)

BTW: I had a feeling that anchor is a name of region in html.
So <a name="something"> or <h1 id="something"> are
anchors but <a href="..."> or <link href="..."> are links
to some anchors.

But it seems that in such semantically saturated
place as whatwg mail list my used to be clear perception
of simple things like anchors was changed significantly.
Or semanticly? Ah, whatever...

Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com