[whatwg] canvas elements <rect> <polygon> etc

ddailey ddailey at zoominternet.net
Sun Mar 11 16:45:57 PDT 2007

I have had no interest in learning (or teaching) about the Canvas tag since,
from what I can see, it is quite impoverished relative to SVG. And, to boot,
it is not universal across browsers. The browsers that support Canvas,
pretty much already do support, or seem to be close to supporting SVG.

The one advantage that VML had over SVG,  was the ease of co-integration of
it with HTML (albeit in precisely one browser). If Canvas can be
standardized as a place for drawing SVG, then I can deliver a million votes
(plus or minus a million) to the the party that adopts it in its platform.

I know... nobody cares about a million votes any more.

ddailey