[whatwg] canvas elements <rect> <polygon> etc

ddailey ddailey at zoominternet.net
Mon Mar 12 16:12:24 PDT 2007

Edward O'Connor wrote:

> Please excuse the analogy, but try thinking about it this way: canvas is
> to Photoshop as SVG is to Illustrator.

I think it's a bit more elusive than that. SVG allows bitmaps to be
imported, and subsequently filtered (blurs, displacements, channel
separations, layers, compositing, xors -- etc) ala Photoshop

Canvas has all those drawing primitives -- bezier curves, ovals, rects,
clipPaths, generally associated with vector graphics.

I think the link Matt directed us to:
>Here's a comparison of the two by Christian Simms:
>http://csimms.botonomy.com/2006/02/12/svg-vs-canvas-tastes-great-or-less-filling/

probably nails it closer to the mark.

DD