[whatwg] Using the HTML5 DOCTYPE as a new quirksmode switch

Asbjørn Ulsberg asbjorn at tigerstaden.no
Tue Mar 13 08:39:38 PDT 2007

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 23:46:15 +0100, Alexey Feldgendler
<alexey at feldgendler.ru> wrote:

> There would be replies if your idea was incomplete or controversial, but
> actually it seems like everyone agrees.

Well, I'm not so sure. I'm hoping for some debating! :)

> What worries me is whether there is a chance that Microsoft actually does
> what's suggested (and whether someone in Microsoft who is in position to
> influence this decision actually finds out about this idea and gets
> convinced).

Considering that Chris Wilson is the chair of the HTML WG as well as the
Platform Architect on the IE crew, plus the fact that several members of
WHAT WG (including myself) are now members of the HTML WG, don't you think
it's possible for us to bring forward this idea and get Mr. Wilson to
notice? It's at least worth a shot, imo.

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg     -=|=-    http://virtuelvis.com/quark/