[whatwg] Prefilling repetitions

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Tue Mar 13 10:43:53 PDT 2007

In WF2 I can prefill a select list with external data pointed to by a
data attribute like so:

<form>
  <label>Choose the species:
     <select name="species" data='examples/species.xhtml'></select>
   </label>
</form>

However it strikes me as funny that I can't prefill a repeating form. e.g.

   <label>Species:
     <input type="text" name="species[observation].name"
            data="http://www.example.com/values.html"/>
   </label>

At least I don't think I can. This seems so obviously useful I can well
believe I might have overlooked the relevant section of the spec. if so,
could someone please point me to it? If not, would anyone else like
something like this?

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!