[whatwg] One label: multiple fields

Jeff Cutsinger jeff at cutsinger.org
Tue Mar 13 12:09:58 PDT 2007

Michel Fortin wrote:
> My opinion is that the table itself, given headers are properly marked
> up with <th>, provides enough information to make the labels unnecessary.

I'll second this. Given that the table is marked up correctly (that is,
using th and |scope| or equivalents), it should be usable for a blind
person without the labels. And the question is: what's the benefit of
having labels with multiple controls? When a label is associated with a
control it currently allows you to click the label to focus the control-
this is obviously absurd with multiple controls per label. I'd probably
just mark them up as labels without any |for|.

Jeff Cutsinger