[whatwg] <video> element proposal

MegaZone megazone at megazone.org
Tue Mar 20 17:15:37 PDT 2007

Once upon a time Maik Merten shaped the electrons to say...
> Well, I guess everybody here will hate me for proposing it... and I
> think it's ugly... but well...
>
> <video>
> Perhaps a verbose description of what can be seen here?
> <novideo>
> D'oh, your browser is outdated... let's embed an <object> here
> </novideo>
> </video>

Just as we have been able to do
<object>
  <embed>
  </embed>
</object>

To support legacy UAs which don't handle <object>, why not:
<video>
  <object>
  </object>
</video>

Just as with object, the specification would have the UA stop at the
outer-most container it can render.  (I know IE6 failed to do this.)

-MZ
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 508-852-2171
<URL:http://www.megazone.org/>  <URL:http://www.eyrie-productions.com/> Eris