[whatwg] whatwg-legal

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Thu Mar 22 03:29:19 PDT 2007

Robert Sayre wrote:
> It seems a few people believe this list is an appropriate venue for
> discussion of legal issues like trademarks and patents. Well, I don't
> know of any lawyers that participate here, but perhaps a more focused
> list could attract some legal expertise. Here's whatwg-legal:

Would it not have made more sense to at least have asked the WHAT-WG to
consider hosting the list before doing your own thing? After all, the
name you've given it makes it look like it's official (insofar as
anything related to the WHAT-WG is official).

(Of course, maybe you did but neglected to mention it.)

Gerv