[whatwg] Full screen for the <video> element

Lachlan Hunt lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au
Thu Mar 22 06:08:35 PDT 2007

Simon Pieters wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 20:11:57 +0100, Mihai Sucan <mihai.sucan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Shouldn't the video API include a way to toggle full screen on/off?
>
> Browsers are allowed to provide full screen, however there's no API for
> it. Entering fullscreen should only be under the control of the user,

Agreed.  There is no reason to provide an API for this.  Some video
plugins already allow the user to go to full screen.  See this site that
I found:

http://www.muvids.com/

It appears to require the Windows Media Player plugin.  In Firefox,
Opera and IE, I was able to enter full screen by double clicking the
video or selecting from the context menu.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/