[whatwg] Codecs (was Re: Apple Proposal for Timed Media Elements)

Christian F.K. Schaller christian at fluendo.com
Fri Mar 23 03:02:27 PDT 2007

It is an Urban Legend that there are no software patents in the EU. True
enough there is no 'EU' software patents, but a lot of member states do
have them. I suggest going the MPEG LA's webpage and looking at the
patent lists they have there for MPEG4. You will notice that a lot of
the patents are from EU countries.

Christian

--
Business Development Manager