[whatwg] <video> element feedback

Chris Adams chris at chrisadams.biz
Sun Mar 25 13:15:00 PDT 2007

The browser could control this, yes; however I believe that the browser
should really be as transparent as possible
as to not be a limiting factor in development.

there can always be browser defaults that take over, but by allowing authors
the ability to override the browsers controls
will allow for the flexibility of
a) allowing for disabled controls (perhaps disabling fast-forward for
training videos)
b)  scripted controls (automatically pausing at various points )
c) it allows for cross-browser standardization.

Chris at tuesdaybegins.com
http://www.tuesdaybegins.com