[whatwg] on codecs in a 'video' tag.

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Tue Mar 27 03:21:29 PDT 2007

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 03:18:04 +0200, Dave Singer <singer at apple.com> wrote:
> We really feel that the HTML spec. should say no more about video and
> audio formats than it does about image formats (which is merely to
> give examples), and we should strive independently for audio/video
> convergence.  We'd really like to discuss the 'meat' of the proposal
> -- the tags, the CSS, and so on!

I'm not sure how that's very interesting without a common baseline format
that all browsers can implement RF.

Also, I think the HTML specification should mandate (as SHOULD-level
requirement, probably) support for the various supported image formats as
it gives a clear indication of what authors can rely on and what user
agents have to implement in order to support the web.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>