[whatwg] Cue points in media elements

ddailey ddailey at zoominternet.net
Tue May 1 19:41:20 PDT 2007

Hearing about cue points in media elements. Just sorta reminds me of
keyTimes in SMIL.

I know SMIL seems funky to some people, but I do really love it! It is so
way cool! So far as I know it doesn't do quite what you're talking about
here, but it does similar stuff including non-linear distortions of timing
elements and the like.

It's declarative (though I don't think it's Turing complete -- wager of
virtual beans proposed) and its syntax is worthy of emulation in that
classical "ontology recapitulates philology" sort of sense. It is so much a
W3C standard that it has six or eight or twelve standards devoted to it.

David Dailey
(who is trying to learn how not to re-invent wheels)
http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/copyright/dailey_on_copyright.htm

Damn bastard mutant wheels keep popping up around me like unwanted
copyrighted utterances in a world where intellectual landfills are charged
by the bit!
-- anonymous