[whatwg] <font> (was Support Existing Content)

Adrian Sutton adrian.sutton at ephox.com
Wed May 2 00:06:09 PDT 2007

On 2/5/07 4:59 PM, "Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis" <bhawkeslewis at googlemail.com>
wrote:
> Adrian Sutton wrote:
>
>> That said, by default our editor outputs the span tag version because we
>> like to follow standards and I recommend using our styles menu to apply CSS
>> classes and appropriate structural markup (headings etc). We did however
>> have to go back and add an option to output font tags because of user
>> complaints.
>
> Why did these user complaints arise? How did the end-users tell the
> difference between the span and font elements?

They had backend systems that didn't support CSS. Like PDF conversion
utilities etc.

> Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis

Regards,

Adrian Sutton.
Adrian Sutton, Integrations Product Manager
Global Direct: +1 (650) 292 9659 x717  Australia: +61 (7) 3858 0118
UK +44 (20) 8123 0617 x717    Mobile +61 (4) 222-36329
Ephox <http://www.ephox.com/>,   Ephox Blogs <http://planet.ephox.com/>