[whatwg] dashed lines in Canvas

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Mon May 21 12:21:49 PDT 2007

On 5/19/07, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I vote for this.

We don't really do things by voting here. Reasoned arguments only. :-)

> Consider doing any diagramming. It's a necessary feature.

Not really. For straight lines it's pretty trivial to do today anyway
(either by drawing actual dashed lines or faking it with a pattern),
and in general you can use other styles of lines instead of actual
dashes. Now of course I'm not saying that this is always a good
alternative, but it's not a blocker.

> Eventually, I think canvas could be used for UML. Hey, wouldn't that
> be neat? You could have a llibrary that uses a canvas to do round-trip
> UML to generate real code.

If someone actually does this, then we might have to reconsider.

--
Ian Hickson