[whatwg] <noscript> should be allowed in <head>

Lee Kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Wed May 30 03:19:59 PDT 2007

On 30/05/07, Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves <justivo at gmail.com> wrote:
> As Anne pointed out, <noscript> is used to display alternative content
> that <script> would have shown.  The kind of content that goes only in

You could include a style sheet for non-JS visitors.  Especially
useful if either using javascript in CSS (using expression() in IE),
or more commonly seen when people hide elements by default and reveal
them using JS (bad practice I know but prevents potential flicker and
jiggle).

Perhaps some layouts don't make sense when JS isn't available, so a
different layout entirely is desired.  Authors may prefer this to
keeping all the JS and non-JS version styles in one style sheet and
class name switching to indicate JS is available.

--
Lee