[whatwg] <CENTER>, <MENU>, <DIR>, <NL>; Re: Presentational elements in Web Applications 1.0

Keryx Web webmaster at keryx.se
Thu Nov 1 02:18:24 PDT 2007

Krzysztof Żelechowski skrev:

> It would also clean up the current situation where the strictness of the
> BODY element is meaningless because you can wrap all content in a DIV
> element to make it strict.

I use it sometimes for a very small form, where I think <p> or <hx> is
inappropriate and <fieldset> is overkill. As in

<form action="login.php" method="post">
     <label for="uname">Username:</label>
     <input type="text" name="uname" id="uname">
    <label for="passwd">Password:</label>
     <input type="password" name="passwd" id="passwd">
</form>

I suppose I am not the only one who has made similar constructs. Should
they all become non-conformant over night?

Lars Gunther