[whatwg] <CENTER>, <MENU>, <DIR>, <NL>; Re: Presentational elements in Web Applications 1.0

Keryx Web webmaster at keryx.se
Thu Nov 1 03:04:07 PDT 2007

Ian Hickson is reading his mail so fast this almost feels like IM ;-)
> Why is <p> inappropriate? According to HTML5, it's exactly the element you
> want, in fact.

a) To my linguistic senses that's not a paragraph

b) I've seen several people use the div-element (like it or not). Should
all their work suddenly be called non-conformant?

My main example:
http://simplyaccessible.org/article/search-form-layout

Random examples:
http://snipplr.com/view/3675/css-form-template/ Fieldset - div - inline
http://www.webmasterworld.com/html/3247326.htm

As to my (a) argument. Sometimes I could go with a list, as in
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/prettyaccessibleforms

Lars Gunther