[whatwg] Feed autodiscovery draft may be resurrected

James M Snell jasnell at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 09:13:16 PST 2007

As the note Anne points to indicates, there was simply zero interest on
the part of the Atompub WG to standardize autodiscovery.

FWIW, I still think it would be helpful -- not only for feeds but also
for Atompub service documents.

For the latter, Lotus Connections began using "service" links.  I know
that Windows Live Writer supports the service link and I believe there
are other implementations that support it.

e.g.,

  <link rel="service" type="application/atomsvc+xml"
        href="http://example.org/service.xml" />

- James