[whatwg] Feed autodiscovery draft may be resurrected

James M Snell jasnell at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 11:08:09 PST 2007

The type attribute indicates the kind of document being referenced,

  <link rel="service" type="application/atomsvc+xml" href="..." />

Because some clients (like windows live writer) support multiple
protocols, we add a class="preferred" to our service link to indicate
which link the server prefers the client to use [1],

  <link rel="service" class="preferred"
        type="application/atomsvc+xml" href="..." />

Beyond that it's completely undefined... which, of course, is not a good
thing.  We need a standard or at least documented-and-commonly-used
solution to this problem.

[1]
http://jcheng.wordpress.com/2007/10/16/how-wlw-speaks-atompub-part-1-autodiscovery/

- James