[whatwg] SQL API and database metadata at creation

Aaron Boodman aa at google.com
Mon Nov 12 10:29:22 PST 2007

> I agree, but like you I don't know exactly what to say about this. This is
> an area where implementation experience will help. It may be, for
> instance, that nobody uses more than one database per app, and a prompt
> ends up being fine.

I think one simple way to address this is to move the metadata into
the application itself. For example:

You can imagine other things eventually going in to this application
metadata, such as icons at various sizes.

I also think the estimated bytes thing is not that useful. It's going
to be hard for developers to estimate this and they're all just going
to but 64k or something they copied from an example.

I think it should be up to the UA to make sure that the database does
not grow "too large" and to prompt the user for access to more storage
when necessary on behalf of the application.

- a