[whatwg] SQL API and openDatabase()

Brady Eidson beidson at apple.com
Tue Nov 27 13:56:36 PST 2007

In the provided spec, openDatabase() can fail in exactly one case,
leading to an exception:
"If the database version provided is not the empty string, and the
database already exists but has a different version, then the method
must raise an INVALID_STATE_ERR exception."

For the sake of providing implementation feedback, I'd like to add
another specified failure condition:
If the user agent decides for policy reasons that a database should
not be opened/created (the origin's quota has already been met/
exceeded, the user has disabled databases altogether, etc), there
should be an exception.

For the sake of argument, I can't think of any existent error code
that works better than INVALID_STATE_ERR.  NO_DATA_ALLOWED_ERR fits
based on name alone, but not based on intended use.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
~Brady