[whatwg] Offline Web Apps

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Sun Oct 7 19:28:34 PDT 2007

Ooops....

On 9/25/07, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com> wrote:

> On Sep 24, 2007, at 10:45 PM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> So I suspect that, much like synchronous XMLHttpRequest, synchronous file
> reads will lead to excessive UI lockups in bad circumstances unanticipated
> by the app author.

The file size is accessible to the app author. But OK, lets add an
asynchronous API.

What's the best way to do that?  Add an onread event to File and, say, "void
read(long offset, long length)"? Or something with an explicit callback such
as setTimeout has? (Although I'm not sure how we write such things in
standard IDL.)

Rob
--
"Two men owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred
denarii, and the other fifty. Neither of them had the money to pay him back,