[whatwg] lede element

Richard Conyard Richard at redantdesign.com
Tue Oct 2 09:54:08 PDT 2007

Whilst I can see the removal of the span, in your example where would it
differ from a strong (apart from strong being semantically recognised).
Is there really enough of a need here to create a new element rather
than using existing patterns of <span class=""> or strong / em styled
with CSS to achieve the same result?

Richard.