[whatwg] Audio(): loop() with 0 or negative value as argument

Dave Singer singer at apple.com
Fri Oct 19 15:19:13 PDT 2007

At 21:35  +0200 19/10/07, KÞi”tof Îelechovski wrote:
>This is asymmetric and it does not reflect the common usage:
>intro-canto-canto-canto-coda.  You get intro-canto-coda-canto-canto instead.
>I have never encountered such a piece.
>Best regards,
>Chris

I think Ian mis-spoke;  loopEnd is where every
loop ends except the *last*.  So you get what you
wanted.

I have wondered whether it would be clearer if we
called it loopFrom and loopTo, and had loopCount
be the count of the *extra* plays, and loopNumber
(or loopIndex) the current *extra* play.  So if
loopCount is 0, loopStart and loopEnd are
irrelevant, and loopNumber will never exceed 0
either.

(The same names with repeat instead of loop make equal semantic sense).

Would this be easier to explain and document?

--
David Singer
Apple/QuickTime