[whatwg] SQL API and database metadata at creation

Brady Eidson beidson at apple.com
Wed Oct 24 16:16:35 PDT 2007

On Oct 24, 2007, at 4:09 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:

>> The database name is - and should remain - a technical detail that is
>> internal to the implementation of a web application.  I propose we
>> provide an optional way for an openDatabase() call to include a
>> DatabaseDescription, which is meant to be a human-readable name or
>> description of the database.  This would make policy prompts
>> regarding
>> the database (creation, increasing the size) as well as the
>> management
>> UI potentially more meaningful and clear to the user.
>
> Done.

Great!  But, I think an editorial mistake in the updated spec page -
"The openDatabase() method returns a Database object. The method takes
four arguments: a database name, a database version, a display name,
and an estimated size, in bytes, of the data that will be stored in
the database."
Second "database name" should be "database description", or even "user
friendly database description"