[whatwg] SVG extensions to <canvas>

Vlad Alexander (xhtml.com) vlad.alexander at xhtml.com
Sat Oct 27 06:44:39 PDT 2007

Daniel wrote:
> SVGs *explicitly* state their size
So do raster images.

Daniel wrote:
> To change the size, you would actually be violating
> the content of the image file itself.
But that is exactly what SVG editors do - they let users scale the SVG images.

Any application that does a thumbnail preview of an SVG image must scale the image. If it's okay to scale images for thumbnail previews, why is it not okay for scaling inside the IMG or OBJECT element?

Regards,
-Vlad
http://xhtml.com