[whatwg] SQL API error handling

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Mon Sep 24 19:42:25 PDT 2007

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> The SQL API doesn't seem to define how to deal with errors, such as:
>
>  * Bogus SQL statements

Defined.

>  * SQL statements that are not supported for security reasons

Defined to be the same as bogus statements.

>  * SQL statements that are not supported because they don't make sense

Same.

>  * SQL statements that fail to return anything

Why is this an error?

>  * Database that is not available for some reason

If the database isn't available, it should be created.

>  * Database that is full

This currently just reports an error with code 1, like everything else,
but in due course we should get a useful set of error codes and define
them. I'd love implementation feedback on what errors they are actually
going to naturally end up wanting to report.