[whatwg] Video

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Thu Apr 3 10:27:52 PDT 2008

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 19:21:42 +0200, Charles <lists07 at wiltgen.net> wrote:
>> With all due respect: the mission of the WWW Corporation is to
>> create standards, not to create situations.
>
> Not to speak for Robert, but I'm guessing that his point is that the W3C
> isn't creating a standard here.

Note that this isn't a W3C list, but a WHATWG list. They are distinct
entities.

> My understanding is that the goal is to "bless" some combination of
> existing video, audio and container format standards.

Correct. We're not planning on creating yet another video format. (The
kind of video you make with camcorders, to be clear, given that animation
in HTML has come up elsewhere.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>