[whatwg] SQL storage API: optional name, version of the openDatabase()

Aaron Boodman aa at google.com
Thu Apr 10 10:12:18 PDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 9:53 AM, Dimitri Glazkov
<dimitri.glazkov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Doh! I apologize. This has not been one of my shiniest moments.
>
>  In addition to what Aaron says, I actually meant the reverse: only
>  name and version being required (potentially with version optional, as
>  he suggests), and display name and estimated size being optional.

I see. My original question doesn't even make sense given that
displayName and estimatedSize are not optional.

I guess I had gotten used to not thinking about those two parameters
because Gears is not planning on using them. Our applications
sometimes use multiple databases (because they are stretched across
origins) and it does not make sense to put up a dialog for each one.

But I don't have a proposal right now, so just ignore this thread. Sorry!

- a