[whatwg] Element borders as resizable handles

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Sun Apr 20 02:21:12 PDT 2008

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 08:40:20 +0200, Greg Houston
<gregory.houston at gmail.com> wrote:
> Again, I realize this may not be feasible, but thought I would throw
> the idea out there.

Is this what you're looking for:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/CR-css3-ui-20040511/#resize

?

> While on the topic of borders, it would also be nice if there was a
> CSS property for their alignment, "outside" as is the current default,
> and "inside". Pushing my luck, I would like to see the same options
> for the strokes in the canvas element with the addition of "center"
> which is the current default.
>
> CSS
> border-align: inside;
> border-align: outside;
>
> Canvas
> ctx.strokeAlign = "center"
> ctx.strokeAlign = "inside"
> ctx.strokeAlign = "outside"
>
> Center, inside, and outside are the labels used for this in Adobe
> Illustrator.

This seems partially off-topic for this list and I'm not sure what this
means. Is this what you're looking for:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#the-background-origin

?

--