[whatwg] xml:space

Křištof Želechovski giecrilj at stegny.2a.pl
Mon Apr 28 05:05:52 PDT 2008

This issue is not limited to PRE, nor is PRE the main application.
There are numerous community Web sites
that allow the users to submit hypertext content.
You often get <I >italic </I ><B >bold</B > after you submit
unless you use a zero-width non-joiner between them.
While this is not strictly a HTML problem,
allowing xml:space would allow a workaround for broken CMS.

Chris