[whatwg] Joined blocks

Russell Leggett russell.leggett at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 05:28:43 PDT 2008

For what it's worth, Shannon, I totally agree with you. Not only is this
something I have been wanted for a long time, but I think it belongs in the
html. It's one thing if you just want columns, which is being covered here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-multicol/. The CSS covers that nicely, but there
are times when the joined blocks are more remote and distinctly not columns,
requiring the extra markup to control where it must join to. However, while
useful for complex layouts, this is definitely the much smaller use case. I
think it would make a great addition, but I suppose people have to have
priorities! ;)
-Russ