[whatwg] document.readyState and its initial value

Jonas Sicking jonas at sicking.cc
Tue Aug 5 08:25:30 PDT 2008

Ian Hickson wrote:
>> But, oddity is par for the course in DOM, so I guess we'll just follow
>> the HTML 5 spec as-is, initialize readyState to "loading" in the object
>> constructor, and keep our fingers crossed.
>
> If you find any problems with doing this, please let me know, so we can
> update the spec!

The concern I have with doing that is that document created through
other means, such as .implementation.createDocument,
XSLTProccessor.transformToDocument, DOMParser.parse, etc, probably
should not be in the 'uninitialized' state. Especially the last two
should return documents that is in the 'complete' state I would think.

/ Jonas