[whatwg] Client-side includes proposal

Martin Ellis martin at betgenius.com
Mon Aug 18 23:38:31 PDT 2008

I still get the feeling that this is an element that is being invented for the purpose of being invented and doesn’t solve any existing problem, or resolve any difficult to implement problems that are not already solved in layers below and above HTML.

I worry slightly from this and similar proposals that certain parts of the spec will end up being deprecated in the next spec due to lack of use.

With regards to instant AJAX for dummies, I struggle to accept that no-one is able to download an already existing javascript library that provides this functionality in a few simple lines.

Maybe I've missed something but is there a mandate which sets out the audience HTML5 is trying to satisfy?

Do we really need to reinvent the wheel?