[whatwg] Ghosts from the past and the semantic Web

Henri Sivonen hsivonen at iki.fi
Thu Aug 28 02:32:13 PDT 2008

On Aug 28, 2008, at 05:59, Ben Adida wrote:

> Same goes with MySpace widgets. Paste one thing, get the widget. Who's
> going to go paste two things in two different places? It's really
> important to make HTML the carrier of this information.

It seems to me that this line of reasoning should lead to using
identifiers that are contained in one string instead of splitting
identifiers and putting the pieces in two places like CURIEs do.

(In fact, the declaration part of CURIE syntax has already been
forgotten in examples sent to this mailing list.)

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/