[whatwg] RDFa statement consistency

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Thu Aug 28 21:45:44 PDT 2008

Kristof Zelechovski wrote:
> HTML5 is too crucial as a technology to allow arbitrary experimentation.

Please refrain from making wildly opinionated and loaded comments such
as this without logically backing up your argument Kristof. Many on this
list and off this list would view a number of HTML5 features as
"arbitrary experimentation".

"Experimentation" is fine and "arbitrary" is a matter of opinion when
applied in broad strokes. The important thing is to discuss the benefits
and drawbacks of each decision without resorting to wording such as yours.

> would rather wait for a consistency checker to exist, at least approximately
> and conceptually, before having alternate content streams in HTML.  Maybe
> that is just me.

Yes, it does seems to be just you that is making this argument that the
Web must be completely consistent at all times. Perhaps if you could
outline exactly what your consistency checker would check, then we could
make some progress on whether or not it is achievable. Do you think that
we should also have a consistency checker for natural language used in a
web page? Is your idea of a valid consistency checker to solve the
Natural Language Processing (NLP) problem first?

-- manu

--
Manu Sporny
President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.