[whatwg] Vocabulary ambiguity with non-namespaced semantic languages (was: Ghosts from the past and the semantic Web)

Kristof Zelechovski giecrilj at stegny.2a.pl
Fri Aug 29 01:12:17 PDT 2008

Please.  We both agree that a job position has a title.  This title
attribute, when applied to a job position, is just fine; you can apply it to
a book here and to a job position there and you see from the context what
kind of a title it is.  But you cannot apply a title of a job position to a
person; you need job-title for the purpose because otherwise you have no way
to attach "count", "marquis" and the like.  If you want your properties to
mean something unrelated to their ordinary vocabulary meaning, or only
indirectly related, choose ones that are not present in a vocabulary, such
as GUIDs, or you will confuse everybody.
Chris