[whatwg] A slightly different use-case for shared workers

Russell Leggett russell.leggett at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 07:29:05 PDT 2008

I'm also a Pandora fan, and I actually thought of another use. In addition
to popping out a separate player, Pandora also opens new tabs/windows to
browse pages about artists/songs. These pages allow you to listen to
samples, but listening to them does not pause the player. It would be pretty
cool to use a shared worker to be able to tell the main player to pause if
another window plays a sample and then resume when the sample completes. I
don't know if this example actually contributes to the discussion, but it
seemed like a cool idea :)