[whatwg] Stability of tokenizing/dom algorithms

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Sun Dec 14 13:44:08 PST 2008

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 22:37:40 +0100, Edward Z. Yang
<edwardzyang at thewritingpot.com> wrote:
> 1. Users input HTML fragments, not actual HTML documents. A parser I
> would use needs to be able to enter parsing in a specific state, and has
> to ignore any requests by the user to exit that state (i.e. a </body>
> tag)

Could you explain what is not sufficient about the the "Parsing HTML
fragments" section:

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/serializing-html-fragments.html#parsing-html-fragments

?

> 2. No one actually codes their HTML in HTML5 (yet), so the only parts of
> the algorithm I want to use are the ones that are emulating browser
> behavior with HTML4. However, HTML5 interweaves it's additions with the
> browser research it has done.

Are there any specific differences that pose problems?

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>